FOUR SEASONS MOUNTAIN RESORTS
The master plan for Goderdzi Pass Mountain Resort was prepared by the HOK Planning Group, with input from: Arup, King Sturge, Ecosign, Arci, and Geographic for the Government of Ajara. “Goderdzi Pass will be a welcoming, lively, romantic, fun and four-season destination, offering the best visitor experience in the regional market”. Profitable and successful for investors & stakeholders; sustainable and well-integrated within the natural environment; accessible and attractive to people around the world; Pristine forested mountains create a fantastic setting in winter, summer and, most dramatically, when the Autumn colors create an intense display.
- Located two hour drive (100 km) from Batumi
- 2500m above sea level open for all four seasons
- Maximum elevation of 2500 m above sea level
- The mountains are snow-covered from November to April
- 633 ha for tourism infrastructure development
- Approximately 150 ha of skiable terrain
- Maximum capacity of skiers - 7 000
- Beginner to medium skier will find the best opportunities here
- The wilderness setting offers the visitor unique experiences, fresh-air and world-class scenery
- Majestic landscapes allowing for a wide range of summer tourism activities such as trekking, horse riding and bird watching
- Master plan prepared by the International Company HOK Planning Group (Austria). Plan aims to maximize the opportunities of the site for a four-season resort
PLANNED INFRASTRUCTURE AND INVESTMENTS
- Rehabilitation of: Batumi-Akhaltsikhe road, on the I Stage Khulo-Goderdzi Pass road (31 km) and on the II stage Adigeni-Goderdzi Pass road (24 km) Batumi-Goderdzi Pass -100 km
- Attracting investments for construction of tourism infrastructure (Hotels, restaurants, entertainment centers, etc.)
- Popularization of tourist destination by carrying out different types of marketing activities
- Lands for four-season resorts’ development
- High and impressive mountains, favorable climate conditions,fresh air and unique nature
- Free resort master plans
- Fully provided engineering utility networks and corresponding outdoor infrastructure such as electricity, gas, water and new roads
Gomarduli is located 74 km away from Batumi. The highest peak “Kharis Satsoli” (Bulls's Bed) is 1 495 m above sea level. Snowing season starts from November and continues till April and sometimes snow cover reaches 2-3 meters. Climate conditions are similar to one of the largest resort Davos, Switzerland.
- Existing cableway (270 m) for skiers
- Existing 30 guest-houses (250 beds)
- 5 new cottages (60 tourists) and 1 restaurant
- Best for family vacations
Planned projects: Cottages, parks, cultural and sport centers, 5 restaurants, 5 hotels, 30 guesthouses, rock climbing and alpinism school, artificial lake (summer) and ice skating stadium (winter).
Winter resort Kedlebi is 90 km from Batumi, and 1500 m above sea level. The resort is surrounded by coniferous forests creating special micro climate. In September during the period of blooming fir the place is very useful for health. Guest houses ready to receive and host visitors.
- Existing cableway (180) for skiers
- Ski rental and instructor hiring are available
- Existing ski school for 60 persons
- 25 guest-houses, capable of hosting 150 tourists
- The highest peak "Saphileti" is 1 692 m high