Out of all the visitors, more than 80% return to Ajara
Georgia’s number one tourism destination.
Ajara offers various tourism options for all enjoyment: adventure, natural beauty, ancestral history, culture, and cosmopolitan lifestyle.
Ajara has undergone serious changes and reforms that led to the significant improvement of its worldwide image and investment climate. The hospitality market in Ajara is developing at a fast pace as increased inflow of foreign visitors, businessmen and delegations attracts well-known international hotel chains.
- Tourism is one of the priority sectors in Ajara with its high potential in the economy (33% of the total investments)
- Diverse nature offering wide varieties of tourism activities all year round
- Rapidly developing hospitality infrastructure
- International hotel brands represented in Ajara
- Intensive promotion of the region as all-year round tourist destination
- No license for operating a company in the tourism sector
- No license fee for opening casinos in hotels with more than 100 rooms
- No VAT on the revenue received from incoming tourists